CSA Info & Pricing
CSA deliveries take place on both Wednesdays (Wed. shares are now sold out for 2014) and Saturdays. As a member you will sign up for one day or the other (or both). We offer free delivery to one of our six delivery points or home delivery to certain areas for a $2.50 delivery charge. Each week of delivery, you can either let us select the contents of the weekly box -the Farmer's Choice share- or sign into our online market to create a custom box.
The Farmer's Choice share provides 6 -10 items per week and seeks to provide as much diversity as possible throughout the season. The Farmer's Choice share is best for those who enjoy the surprise and culinary challenge of letting us choose what goes in their produce delivery each week. For a sample Farmer's Choice share click here. Other CSA members know exactly what they want and will customize their box accordingly online each week. Any week you don't login and customize your box, you will receive a Farmers's Choice share. For larger families or special occasions when you might need more vegetables than a regular share provides, our online market allows you to order additional items, for either Wednesday or Saturday delivery.
We strive to offer maximum convenience and flexibilty in your choice of veggies. To that end, CSA members can rollover up to $25 worth of veggies from week to week. This allows you to get less one week and more the next, as your needs change. Or, if you are going on vacation, simply click a button to cancel your order that week. More fresh veggies will be available in future weeks at no extra cost and your bread and cheese share will be refunded for the week.
Click here to demo our ordering system.
We still have space available on Saturdays for the 2014 season. Click here for our sign-up form. Once we receive your submission, we will send you an email confirming your enrollment and ask you to send in a $50 deposit.
- $550- 28 weeks of Spring, Summer and Fall CSA (May to mid-November)
- $420- 20 week Summer Season CSA (June to Mid-October)
- $60- 4 week Spring Season CSA (May)
- $75- 4 week Fall Season CSA (mid-October to mid-November)
- $235- 28 weeks of Spring, Summer and Fall Cheese Shares (May to mid-November)
- $170- 20 week Cheese Share during the Summer Season
- $34- 4 week Cheese Share during the Spring or Fall Seasons
Bread Shares (Wednesdays only)
- $135- 28 weeks of Spring, Summer and Fall Bread Shares (May to mid-November)
- $96.50- 20 week Bread Share during the Summer Season
- $20.25- 4 week Bread Share during the Spring or Fall Seasons
The Everything Share (Sold out for 2014)
- $910- The everything share includes... well, everything from the above shares! (for 28 weeks)
Grass-fed Beef Shares
- $791- Large Share- 140 lbs of Steaks, Roasts and Ground Beef at $5.65/lb
- $406- Medium Share- 70 lbs of Steaks, Roasts and Ground Beef at $5.80/lb
- $208.25- Small Share- 35 lbs of Steaks, Roasts and Ground Beef at $5.95/lb
Please note, during the Spring and Fall Seasons, when the weather is cooler, the gardens are less productive, so we are unable to offer as many Veggie Shares as we do during the 20 week Summer Season. To enroll in the Spring or Fall Season, you must also be enrolled in the 20 week Summer Season. You also need to be enrolled in a Veggie Share to receive a concurrent Bread or Cheese Share.
Unlike our other shares, a Beef Share is a one-time delivery in the Fall, after the cows are butchered. We do not offer as many Beef Shares as we do other shares. Signing up early helps ensure that you receive a share. Please check out our grass-fed beef and rotational grazing pages for more info.
More Great Food
Through our online market, we also feature a selection of locally produced cheeses from Firefly Farms, Goot Essa and Green Glades Creamery, and fresh bread from the New Day Bakery (Wednesdays only). These delicious items can be purchased a la carte each week, or you can save by purchasing a bread or cheese share. In either case, the items will be delivered with your CSA vegetables. We've chosen these local producers because their yummy food is a great accompaniment to our farm-fresh produce.
- Cheese Shares- Choose from a variety of cow and goat milk cheeses. The Firefly Farms, Goot Essa and Green Glades creameries are some of our region's finest cheese producers. If you love cheese, a cheese share gives you a tour of the area's best cheeses. It also gets you the more expensive varieties at a discounted price. Keep your fridge stocked with a Cheese Share.
- Bread Shares- (available Wednesdays only) Choose one loaf each week, from a selection of New Day Bakery breads. Signing up for a bread share gets you a 5% discount each week and allows you to purchase specialty breads like Bleu Seven-Grain (our personal favorite) or seasonal breads for the price of a regular loaf. It also ensures that you receive a loaf of bread every week, even if you don't login. We can't go a week without our New Day Bakery bread!
Going on vacation is no problem with bread and cheese shares. If you cancel your order for the week, your CSA account will automatically be refunded.
Produce Delivery & Pickup
We offer free delivery to our regular drop spots and home delivery to select addresses for a $2.50 fee per delivery. Our regular drop spots are:
- Morgantown, WV- at the Atomic Grill on Greenbag Road (Wed & Sat)
- Morgantown, WV- at the New Day Bakery in South Park (only Wed)
- Morgantown, WV- at the Inner Life Yoga Studio on Van Voorhis Rd (Wed & Sat)
- Cheat Lake, WV- at Cheat Lake Animal Hospital (Wed & Sat)
- Bruceton Mills, WV- at The Mill Stone Creamery (Wed & Sat)
- Cranesville, WV- at the farm (Wed & Sat)
If you are interested in finding out whether you would qualify for home delivery, send us your address when you enroll for the CSA season.
To secure your CSA spot, send in a $50 deposit; the balance for all shares (except beef) is due by May 1st. Take advantage of the early bird special- pay in full by March 15th for a 20, 24 or 28 week share and receive a $10 credit to your CSA account! Payment for beef shares is due upon delivery in the fall.
To simplify payment for any al a carte items (bread, cheese, honey) or extra veggies, we establish a web-account for each member. Your web account allows us to give you credits or refunds and allows you to purchase extras without having to write a check or enter a credit card number each time. If you don't plan to order any extras or take advantage of any specials, your balance will simply remain at $0 the whole season and you will receive the farmer's choice share or an equivalent value of your choice of veggies each week.
For those who plan to purchase extras throughout the season, we offer a pre-payment bonus. Pre-pay $50 and receive $2 worth of free produce. Pre-pay $100 and receive $5 dollars worth of free produce. If you prefer not to pre-pay, no problem. You can still purchase extras at any time. We will bill you when you owe $100 or at the end of the season, whichever comes first. Money in your account can always be withdrawn at your request and any amount left over at the end of the season will be refunded.
How Do I Sign Up?
We still have space available on Saturdays for the 2014 season. Click here for our sign-up form. We will send you an email confirming your enrollment and ask you to send in a $50 deposit.